We are looking for an experienced actuary, or an aspiring newly qualified actuary, to join our growing Claims Analytics team and become our first dedicated actuary in the claims function. This rare opportunity will provide you with invaluable commercial experience in an exciting, fast moving field.
We are embarking on an ambitious programme to become a data-driven, intelligence led organisation through the development and deployment of machine learning models to solve business problems. We are looking for experienced, focussed and engaging people to help shape the development of our advanced analytics capability, which is a key part of that programme.
This is a fantastic opportunity to take ownership and make a real change at an exciting time for the company. You'll have opportunity to influence your own style and ideas and contribute to the growth of the team and AXA Claims.
You will be key in bringing actuarial rigour to claims analytics processes and reporting. You'll lead in direct root cause analysis and investigation into emerging trends, and provide explanation for and statistical analysis of trends, data-driven insights and recommendations for action. It is imperative you establish data as the basis for claims insights.
A big part of your role is representing the Claims function to the reserving function. Providing robust analysis of benefit emergence, validated KPIs and other analyses to support the recognition of activity in the Claims function.
You'll be leading a small team of insights experts, supporting and developing technical excellence and really driving their engagement with AXA Values and vision.
It would be an advantage to have technical excellence in insurance, analytical capability and understanding of actuarial processes to support the claims delivery.
- Actuarial qualification required, with a strong understanding of actuarial processes and reserving techniques (reserving experience preferred)
- Experience in general insurance holds weighting
- Experience of delivering insight and recommendations to a wide range of stakeholders.
- Strong relationship management skills – ability to manage key relationships and act independently.
- Substantial product and industry knowledge and understanding of regulatory framework.
- Proven ability to work under self-time management and controls
- Excellent communication style – able to interact with Executives, Senior Management and other key stakeholders.
- Exposure to working in a wider team with some coaching or leadership qualities.
- A passion and drive to want to get things right for the customer.
With a presence in over 60 countries, and 165,000 employees serving the needs of 107 million customers, AXA is big.
But never too big to care for every single person who works here. So when you join us, we promise to put our collective might behind you and your career.
You’ll work in an open and supportive environment where you’ll be developed, challenged and encouraged to move around to achieve even bigger and better things – nationally and internationally. You’ll learn directly from senior leaders, from the best in our business. And you’ll enjoy real responsibility, really early on.
Every large company today talks about supporting diversity and inclusion. But at AXA UK, these values form an integral part of everything we do. For us, it’s about bringing together the best talent, helping people to realise their full potential by being 100% themselves at work and delivering outstanding service to everyone – regardless of difference.
Proud to be part of the AXA Group, a global insurance brand and a worldwide leader in financial services, AXA Insurance businesses employ over 5,500 in a network of offices across the UK. Our expert teams care for a huge range of customers, helping them protect their cars, homes and businesses against life’s uncertainties. Whether bought directly, through brokers or through a number of corporate partners, our market-leading products are trusted by millions.
As you’d expect from a global leader, our reward package is a world-beater here’s a small selection of our current benefits.
- Bonus Scheme linked to yours and the company’s performance.
- Pension scheme with employer contributions as well as your own.
- Life assurance 10x reference salary (4x if not in the Pension Scheme)
- 28 days holiday.
- Private Medical Benefit Scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan scheme.
- Access to MAX Benefits where you enjoy cashback and discounts on thousands of retails, holidays and purchases.
- Flex benefits such as holiday purchase, dental care, bikes for work.
- 20% discount with EE.
- 50% off Pure Gym membership.
- Discount on all AXA Insurance products, including car, home and travel insurance, breakdown cover & healthcare.
- Investment in Professional Qualifications.