Senior Actuarial Manager, Experience Study, Life & Health, Greater China
- Manage a small team for experience analysis and business performance monitoring
- Ensure good management of in-force business to support sustainable growth of life reinsurance business
• Check reinsurance accounts, maintain SOA data in good order for the key clients and assist in issuing VAT or other invoices to clients
• Maintain a sound accounting and reporting process and recommend regular improvements
• Perform data cleaning, analyse IBNR, analyse the performance of the key inforce business and prepare treaty monitoring summary and experience study report
• Review the work done by junior staff
• Propose solutions for the portfolios with problems or issues
• Communicate with clients, CMs, the Accounting team and other internal stakeholders about the performance and issues of reinsurance accounts
• Supervise and train the junior staff
• Lead/support ad hoc projects
• 8-10 years of working experiences in actuarial functions; actuarial experience at a reinsurance company is preferable
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Good team player, quick learner and ability to work with limited supervision
• Culturally adaptable interpersonal and communication/presentation skills
• Proficient in Mandarin; acceptable level of proficiency in English
• Actuarial qualification or management experience would be a plus
Founded in 1880, Munich Re Group is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, primary insurance and insurance-related risk solutions.
As pioneers in risk assessment, we drive the digital transformation of the global insurance landscape, expanding products and services as new forms of risk emerge. From space rocket launches to cyber-attacks, from high net worth individual life cover to pandemics, we take care of risks, so our clients can take care of their business.
Across Asia Pacific Middle East and Africa, we operate life and health and non-life reinsurance as well as primary insurance businesses, providing global career development opportunities and prospects to more than 1900 team members in 20 locations.
We have made a long standing commitment to Greater China since we opened our Hong Kong office in 1962. Today, we have Representative Offices in Taipei and Shanghai, a composite Branch in Beijing and an innovation and consulting service, SiTao.