Interim Capital Management Actuary
Fairbank Partners are working with a leading Life Insurer to find a Capital Management contractor.
£Lead the work to produce dividend papers for the LifeCo Boards and ensure those dividends are paid
- Provide senior oversight in ensuring the capital positions of the insurers Entities remain appropriate, within risk appetite with stress testing used in supporting key business decisions kept up to date
- Lead the Capital Management input into the Annual operating plan, including leading the .oversight of the Life Company management actions plan
- Provide senior oversight in support of the maintenance of the Life Company contingency actions plan, ensuring that the plan stays up to date and appropriate in light of the most relevant risks to the business
- Provide subject matter experitse in support of the wider Heritage and Open business units as required by senior stakeholders within those business units
- Support projects as required, providing capital management input and expertise.
- Support the wider Capital Management team 'onboarding' of the Harmonised Internal Model, actively learning the dynamics of the new balance sheet and the assocaited risks and opportunities
- Maintain breadth and depth of technical understanding to meet Continuing Professional Development requirements and stay abreast of key industry developments within the Capital Management space.
- Applying commercial understanding of the business to ensure financial, business & actuarial advice is aligned with the business needs.
- Communicating complex concepts and recommendations to multiple stakeholders across the business
- Regularly working to defined and tight timescales whilst maintaining professional standards.
- Balancing business demand, issues and risks by applying sound judgement in complex scenarios, often with considerable uncertainty.
What We’re Looking For
- Qualified actuary with significant post-qualification experience, strong LifeCo Solvency II balance sheet knowledge, ideally with a Capital Management, ALM or Life Reporting background
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, able to influence and enagage with stakeholders at all levels
- Able to lead and coordinate complex tasks and be able to quickly gain credibility with any external teams involved in those tasks
- Able to manage multiple priorities, often under significant time pressure, whilst keeping all relevant stakeholders appropriately informed.
- Excellent technical understanding of balance sheet dynamics under base and stressed condiions, be able to succinctly summarise the key messages from such technical analysis.
- Able to work within and lead teams of both internal and external staff, as requried, within BAU and project environments
- Able to mentor and guide more junior members of the team and support their development as required
To discuss this role please submit your CV or contact Grace Pereira at Fairbank Partners on 07860658339 Fairbank Partners has access to a wide range of actuarial jobs and acts as an employment agency.