Senior Life Actuary - ALM Risk Model Development
- Build new capabilities to improve the Asset Liability Management of the Group, including the implementation of a stochastic ALM, quantitative derivative pricing, and other market, credit and liability models.
- Drive data, systems and process improvements within the FRM team including introducing data science tools in order to enhance efficiency and capabilities of the overall FRM team.
- Collaborate with Finance and Investment teams to calibrate the Economic Scenario Generators to be used within the Monte Carlo risk models.
- Implement the stochastic ALM Model to support risk and balance sheet management use cases, including for SAA / TAA setting, risk budgeting and Economic Capital purposes.
- Model and analyze solutions on efficient management of assets and derivatives usage relative to balance sheet liabilities, in collaboration with the other risk, investment and finance teams to ensure optimal ALM strategies are deployed;
- Identifying emerging risk and control issues, performing second line reviews and developing recommendations to help improve the quality of financial and model risk management in the group;
- Work closely with stakeholders and users from various business groups, external vendors and IT to continually implement automation and improvements into our current work flows;
- Preparation of project-related papers and presentations to Asset Liability Committee and Risk Management Committee where required.
- As part of the leadership team, work with key stakeholders to proactively shape the organisation's culture and conduct environment that is aligned to the organization's Core Values.
- Takes accountability in considering business and regulatory compliance risks and takes appropriate steps to mitigate the risks.
- Maintains awareness of industry trends on regulatory compliance, emerging threats and technologies in order to understand the risk and better safeguard the company.
- Highlights any potential concerns /risks and proactively shares best risk management practices.
- Degree in Finance, Economics, Accountancy, Actuarial or other quantitative fields;
- Strong working experience involving development of ALM models;
- Knowledge of derivative products and financial risk models will be advantageous;
- Knowledge of programming languages such as Prophet ALS, VBA, SQL and Python preferred;