Actuarial Manager, Consumer Insurance
You will play a key part in the pricing and planning function of Aetna International (AI). AI has ambitious expansion plans, with the acquisition last year of one major domestic South East Asian insurer and further plans in the pipeline and so we expect the actuarial function to expand and grow in response to this creating further opportunities in the future.
Working across the EMEA and APAC regions, you will be responsible for consumer business. In this role, you will lead pricing and build close working relationships with the underwriters and sales team. You will also play a key part in supporting risk selection, business planning, medical analytics, experience monitoring, M&A activities and central development projects.
You will leverage strong technical and analytical skills to develop pricing and product design solutions, remaining cognisant of commercial environment of the market and the financial goals of the business. This management position also requires strong interpersonal/presenting skills to engage leaders across Actuarial, Underwriting and Sales.
You will be a qualified actuary with non-life or healthcare experience and will report into the Head of Actuarial and Analytics for the EMEA and APAC regions.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of product suite, technical pricing approach and pricing strategy over time
- Maintain a commercial outlook as well as a technical curiosity to identify challenges or opportunities from a pricing perspective.
- Apply analytical skills, research problems to generate a solution, present preliminary conclusions.
- Develop and maintain relationships with underwriters and other business stakeholders to support effective pricing.
- Communicate complex matters clearly to internal and external parties
- Create and maintain accurate documentation and help develop training materials for tools and processes.
The role could be based from our London, Farnborough or Dubai offices.